Tofu Croquettes with Cranberry Sauce
1 lb (455g) firm tofu, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 celery stick, chopped
1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
Approx. 2 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
Soya sauce to taste
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Use your hands to mix together the first five ingredients. The result should be a soft dough.
2. Add just enough breadcrumbs to make this hold together (for a firmer texture add some soya flour or egg substitute). Flavour to taste with herbs, soya sauce and seasoning.
3. Divide the dough into eight small balls, flatten them, and shallow fry quickly for a few minutes on each side, taking care when you turn them.
4. Arrange them side by side in a small oven proof dish to be reheated in the oven when needed. If you intend to freeze them, let them cool completely then cover before doing so.
5. Serve with cranberry sauce (shop bought or home made).