Veganism in Focus: Photography / Design Competition
Compassion towards all animals?
A plant-based diet for health reasons?
Caring about the environment?
What does being vegan mean to you?
We are looking for a photograph or digital artwork for the front cover of The Vegan Society’s Spring Edition of ‘The Vegan’ – a quarterly magazine that covers news, food, interviews, current issues, book reviews and of course, some fabulous recipes.
We would love to see your best photo or artwork showcasing veganism from a multitude of personal perspectives. We’re after positive, contemporary, exciting and creative images. The subject ‘What does being vegan mean to you?’ is intentionally broad to mirror the diversity of the vegan community. Entry is open to all so please spread the word!
Please send us your photo or digital artwork with a 25–50 word caption telling us how the image relates to veganism. The winning photo will appear on the front cover of the ‘The Vegan’. Both the overall winner and one runner-up will receive a one year membership to The Vegan Society.
Please send digital images in JPG only (resolution 1680 x 1050 at 300dpi) to email@example.com or prints to Ruth Semple, Head of Communications, Public Policy and Research at The Vegan Society, Donald Watson House, 21 Hylton St, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6HJ UK. The deadline is 5pm GMT on Friday 21 December 2012.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants can submit one photograph or piece of digital art to the competition. This can be a print, or an electronic image in JPG format. The image must be of good enough quality to be printed at approximately 25 x 20cm (10” x 8”). If your image cannot be reproduced for the magazine at a high resolution it may not be selected for the shortlist.
- Employees of The Vegan Society, as well as their immediate families, are eligible to enter the competition.
- Each entry should be accompanied by the following information:
All entries will be adjudicated by a panel of judges who will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality and interpretation of the brief.
All entries must be the participant’s original work and must not infringe on the rights of any other party. Participants must be the sole copyright owners of all photographs/artworks entered and must have obtained permission of any people appearing in the photo, or the parents / guardians of any children under 16. Additionally, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking the photographs.
Entrants will retain copyright of the images they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant The Vegan Society the right to publish and exhibit their photographs / artwork in publicity materials and on the website. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are short-listed also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we will make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee this.
By entering, participants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. The competition organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if they have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
The Vegan Society reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any time.
If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made; the Vegan Society reserves the right to offer the magazine front page to the runner up.
- The photographer’s /artist’s name, age, address, contact number and e-mail address
- The title of the image
- If a photograph, where the picture was taken
- A short description of 25-50 words to describe how the photograph/artwork relates to veganism
- The competition closes at 5pm GMT on Friday 21 December 2012